Re: ISSUE-24: Proposal for dealing with case-insensitive terms in the XHTML vocabulary

On 7/21/2010 6:09 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Shane,
>
> for my understanding: this also means that there is no default @vocab value, neither in RDFa Core nor for languages, right? Ie, if, say, a term in HTML5+RDFa is _not_ defined in the magic @profile for HTML5, then that term is not recognized as a URI by default.
>
> (I am not sure how this fits in the policy the HTML5 group wants to take v.a.v. @rel values.)

This is correct.  And that is consistent with RDFa Syntax 1.0.    As to
the HTML5 group... I don't think they really care about triple
generation and predicates.  That's our bailiwick.

> As for ':bla' type CURIEs: I do feel uneasy about the usage of an XHTML URI for these when using RDFa in, say, SVG. Any resulting URI would really be out of place there. I would be more in favour of what the RDF Workshop people called 'weak deprecation': we do not make statements on whether that would be removed in future RDFa versions, but we strongly advise the community not to use it...

I think that for consistency with RDFa Syntax 1.0 we are okay requiring
the use of the XHTML vocab URI for those special form CURIEs.  I don't
think it effects SVG at all.  In that environment I would expect SVG to
define a host language profile along the lines described below - with
TERMs that would just work in rel="svgterm".