Re: ISSUE-3 PROPOSAL: Infoset coercion

On 07/08/2010 11:45 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> (I
>> used the term XML processor, my mistake, this is probably the same as
>> XML API, right?)
>
> Unfortunately, XML API is a term that I coined in that document to how
> the developer accesses the Infoset.

This is not true - turns out that I didn't coin the term :)

Re-reading bits of the HTML5 spec last night jogged my memory. The HTML5
spec uses the term "XML API" in the section titled "Coercing an HTML DOM
into an infoset":

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#coercing-an-html-dom-into-an-infoset

Unfortunately, the term isn't defined in the HTML5 spec, but I'm fairly
certain that it is being used in the same way that I defined in the
previous e-mail.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Myth Busting Web Stacks - PHP is Faster Than You Think
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/06/12/myth-busting-php/2/