Re: Case-insensitivity of terms

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:11:37 -0500
Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Didn't we address this issue with the following text:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-rdfa-core-20101026/#s_terms
>
> """
> Check if the term matches an item in the list of local term mappings.
> First compare against the list case-sensitively, and if there is no
> match then compare case-insensitively. If there is a match, use the
> associated URI.
> """

No, that doesn't address the issue. It was that resolution that
*caused* the issue.

> ... or are you saying that it is indeterminate which term mapping will
> be picked?

Precisely. Neither "Agent" nor "agent" matches case-sensitively, so
case-insensitive matching occurs - and then *both* match.

Gregg proposes a solution here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Oct/0272.html

That would work, though I fear it may be confusing to explain to
document authors.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>