Re: Case-insensitivity of terms

On 12/02/2010 02:23 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:
> Re-raising this as a last call comment for RDFa Core so that it doesn't
> get lost...
>
> Example 2 in this message -
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Oct/0269.html
>
> The issue that a profile can define both these terms:
>
>  agent
>  Agent
>
> to map to different URIs, but while typeof="agent" and typeof="Agent"
> are clear and unambiguous, typeof="agENT" is not.

Didn't we address this issue with the following text:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-rdfa-core-20101026/#s_terms

"""
Check if the term matches an item in the list of local term mappings.
First compare against the list case-sensitively, and if there is no
match then compare case-insensitively. If there is a match, use the
associated URI.
"""

... or are you saying that it is indeterminate which term mapping will
be picked?

If so, we could specifically state that it's indeterminate in order to
not force implementations to implement first-declared-wins strategies,
which would effectively eliminate the possibility of the use of
unordered hashtables to hold term mappings.

Or, we could state that term mappings MUST be stored in first-declared
order. This would eliminate the possibility of using unordered
hashtables to hold term mappings, but it would make the term resolution
algorithm determinate.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Linked Data in JSON
http://digitalbazaar.com/2010/10/30/json-ld/