Re: Error in the XHTML Profile

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 11:02 +0100, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Victor Andrée (cc-d) contacted me a few days ago because he found some
> bug in my newest pyRdfa code. However... one issue was not my bug but
> yours:-)

I volunteered to rewrite the XHTML vocab a few months ago. My rewrite is
here:

http://buzzword.org.uk/2010/xhtml-vocab-20101110.xhtml

It still needs a few changes I think:

* We should discuss whether to include "describedby" in the profile
  mapping to <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby>. This
  relationship is used by POWDER and XRD/WebFinger, so it might be
  nice to adopt it. We should have a resolution to adopt it or not.

* We should adopt a revision policy for the document. I'd suggest a
  policy of: new terms are added via W3C Recs. A mailing list is
  provided for the announcement of new terms. New terms must be
  announced on that list either three months before they're added
  to the vocab, or when the spec defining them hits Last Call -
  whichever comes first! This allows the vocab to change over time,
  but also gives implementers reasonable security in hard-coding
  or aggressively caching the vocab.

* The information above the Introduction section needs revising in
  that the XHTML2 Working Group is ceasing to exist within the W3C.

But once those issues are resolved, it would be nice to publish the
updated vocabulary document.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>