Re: rdf:XMLLiteral and the RDF namespace

On Apr 29, 2010, at 09:01 , Steven Pemberton wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:07:07 +0300, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com> wrote:
>
>> I think seeAlso and sameAs have wide enough usage, and what's more,
>> this is absolutely in the spirit of what RDFa is all about.
>>
>> RDFa is in many ways about giving people who /don't/ understand RDF, a
>> way to mark up their documents such that people who /do/ understand
>> RDF can create clever software based on the data.
>>
>> Semwebbers would obviously love to get access to sameAs and seeAlso
>> information, and by making it easy for authors to provide it --
>> without confusing them with 'owl' this and 'rdfs' that -- many
>> interesting possibilities open up.
>>
>> I think this is would be a great addition to the default profile, Ivan.
>
> Ooh! So you mean
>
> 	<link about="owl:sameAs" rel="owl:sameAs" resource="rdfa:sameAs" />
>
> ?

I wondered whether you were serious:-) But, in case you are, the answer is no. What I meant is that

would yield

<#A> owl:sameAs <#B>

because the THAT_DEFAULT_PROFILE would include (among other)

[ rdfa:term "sameAs"; rdfa:uri "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs" ]

and, in fact, if this is a default, this means that

is enough without the surrounding <div>

(I am not saying yet whether we _should_ do it, it is just an idea...)

Ivan