Re: RDF/XML permanent location

On Jan 30, 2014, at 1:32 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2014, at 20:01 , Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:

>>> You meant http://www.w3.org/2014/RDFXMLTests (2014 not 2013), right?
>>
>> Yes, that was copied from the README, which I'll update for 2014 too.
>
> Gregg,
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-xml/tests/
>
> gives a simple test file with a list of directories. I do not think that is what you want... Instead, I have made a redirection to
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/file/default/rdf-xml/tests/

Now that the link is in place, I've updated the spec (index.html only, not Overview.html) with the test suite location. However, I note that there are a number of notes within the body that reference specific tests and use the 2000 test suite location. For example:

[[[
Test: indicated by:
test001.rdf and test001.nt
]]]

which reference <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test001.rdf> and <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test001.nt> respectively. This certainly isn't _wrong_, as the body of those tests hasn't changed, just the location. If we were to update the references to <http://www.w3.org/2014/RDFXMLTests/xmlbase/test001.rdf> and <http://www.w3.org/2014/RDFXMLTests/xmlbase/test001.nt>, it would be consistent with the published test-suite location, but would not resolve until the test suite is actually moved into place, or some redirect rules are added that would do the appropriate redirection. Presumably, we'll vote on the next telco to accept the test suite, in which case it could be moved into place, but I don't think we've done this for any of the other test suites; perhaps it's time to do that, or to get some more comprehensive redirection in place.

Gregg