Re: Turtle ResPec version

* Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl> [2014-01-04 11:43+0100]

> On 03-01-14 23:26, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >* Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl> [2014-01-03 18:28+0100]
> >>2. Broken fragments for tests
> >>
> >>These links are not valid anymore in the new test setup. Remove?
> >
> >Hmm, tricky to deal with the legacy of my mistake from years ago. The
> >CR doc linked to them and inappropriately referred to them as
> >tests. Because they weren't the official test suite, they served only
> >as examples. The directory is there in perpetuity and probably the
> >most honest thing to do is call them examples in the text à la:

> >  /
> >
> >and change the http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/tests/ document to say:
> >[[
> ><h1>Turtle Examples</h1>
> >
> >The following pairs of Turtle and N-Triples documents serve as
> >auxiliary examples to the Turtle specification. (Despite the directory
> >name, these are not official Turtle tests.)
> >
> ><h2>Example Coverage</h2>
> >
> >The following table associates example labels with the features those
> >examples are supposed to cover.
> >]]
> >
> >Shall I?
>
> This looks like a reasonable solution, assuming it is OK to touch
> this document in TR space.

Any future pulication would overwrite the directory for
/TR/turtle/tests so the act of publishing grants us that
permission. Updating them will obviate Gavin's action 281: "Provide
sandro text for http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/tests/ to NOT say it's the
test suite"
  <http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/actions/281>

I'm just trying to figure out the mechanics. Usually when I publish, I
copy all the appropriate files around. We don't have a tests directory
in the Mercurial repo so I can either revert the earlier deletion (or
however one does that in Mercurial), or, reply to this thread with a
copy of the new tests/Overview.html and drop it into place when we're
ready to publish. My preference is the latter as it involves less
negotiation with mercurial.

--
-eric

--