Re: RDF-ISSUE-159 (interpretations): RDF Semantics - Definition of "Interpretation" is missing [RDF Semantics]

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
>I must admit being totally puzzled by this comment.
>
>The referenced section in the previous version of Semantics, 1.3
>Interpretations, is the section that defines simple interpretations,
>just as
>the first definition of any form of interpretation in the new version
>does.
>The only difference is that there is some intuitive discussion of what
>the
>purpose of an interpretation is.  Similarly, the glossary entry for
>interpretation doesn't define interpretations, again just saying what
>they do.
>
>So it seems that David wants the new version of Semantics bulked up the
>way
>the old version was.   I much prefer the leaner, meaner new Semantics,
>and
>would be unhappy to have to put all the fluff back in.
>
>I propose responding with wording to the effect that the general notion
>of
>interpretation is nowhere used in either the previous version of
>Semantics or
>the new version, and was nowhere defined in either the old version of
>Semantics or the new version, so there is no missing definition.  I
>propose to
>also say that it was an editorial decision to shorten Semantics,
>leaving out
>much of the unnecessary explanatory material.

Is there a compelling explanation of why this decision was made?   Maybe something about practitioners in the field should already know this, ... because only kr professionals should be reading this document?    Hm, that's not where I thought that sentence was going.....   Anyway, yeah, why was it shortened?

      - Sandro