Re: relationship between JSON-LD and RDF

On 6/17/13 5:03 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On Monday, June 17, 2013 6:13 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> As far as I can see, no part of the definition of JSON-LD is defined in
> terms
>> of any part of RDF.  In particular, as far as I can see, Appendix A of
>> "JSON-LD 1.0: A JSON-based Serialization for Linked Data", W3C Editor's
> Draft
>> 16 June 2013, has definitions of just about every aspect of RDF graphs
> without
>> once referring to any RDF document.  Some of these definitions are
> extensions
>> of the ones in the RDF documents and some are different.
> <quote>
> These definitions correspond closely, both in terminology and in general
> structure, to the abstract syntax of RDF datasets and RDF graphs. Complete
> details of how JSON-LD relates to RDF can be found in section C.
> Relationship to RDF.
> </quote>
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

Peter,

Wondering if focusing on how JSON-LD is unlike Turtle with -- regards to
RDF -- could lead to some very specific tweaks to the JSON-LD spec. I
make this comment because when we implemented JSON-LD (years ago) and
added it to DBpedia (and anything else that's Virtuoso driven) it was
done in the spirit of being just another notation for creating RDF model
based document content.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/15ZxzHo -- vapour Linked Data report that reflects my
comments above