Re: graph names denoting the graph (suggested change to Concepts)

On 05/06/13 18:56, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>  I'm worried
> about how Alice can send Bob a dataset in which the graph names denote
> their graph (and in which she is asserting the triples in the default
> graph).   How can Alice communicate this intent to Bob?    Doing it
> out-of-band is of course possible (she calls him on the phone), but
> that's very messy.   Can she do it in-band, such as by adding a magic
> triple to the default graph?     Unless that's licensed by the RDF
> Recommendations, I don't think so.   If the RDF Recommendations say all
> the triples/quads in a dataset are meaningless (as they currently do),
> then Bob isn't licensed to consider them as conveying Alice's intent.

There's nothing to stop additional information being given - you can
additionally describe the dataset and it's usage of graph labels.

What is needed is that vocabulary definition - it does not even have to
be rdf:*

When receiving any document, the receiver has to assess what of it they
are going to interpret/trust. (The real question is whether to trust the
publisher has followed RDF specs - we can't do anything about that.)

Sandro - what text in the docs do you think blocks that?

Are you asking that the default graph is interpreted as it would if it
were a single graph at that location?

	Andy