Re: New editor's draft of RDF Datatset Semantics

On 12/12/13 21:08, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> The new draft addresses most of Pat's comments. I added 2 issues to it.
> I also added a section that reflects Sandro's box dataset semantics,
> following Guus' suggestion, and also made some changes in response to
> Peter initial comments.
>

> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-dataset/index.html
>

> If it looks ok, we can vote by email to make it a FPWD. Sorry for not
> having done this before yesterday teleconf.

[[
3.2 Default graph as union or as merge

It is sometimes assumed that named graphs are simply a convenient way of
sorting the triples but all the triples participate in a united
knowledge base that takes the place of the default graph. More
precisely, a dataset is considered to be true if all the triples in all
the graphs, named or default, are true together.
]]

This starts talking of dftGraph = union of named graphs, not a super
set, but then says it is all the triples in graphs, named or default.

Shouldn't the default graph be exactly the union (version 2: merge) of
the named graphs?

Or there needs to be some rewording because "default graph" is being
used is different ways.

[[
This description allows two formalizations of dataset semantics,
depending on how blank nodes spanning several named graphs are treated.
]]

It is worth nothing that TriG and N-quads use document-scoped blank node
labels.

I don't know of any system that does NGs+dftgraph -> dftGraph of
dataset.  Are there any?

3.6 Quad semantics

Worth mentioning about the empty graph.