Re: RDF 1.1 Primer

On 05-12-13 17:12, Yves Raimond wrote:

>> [...]
>>> It's now in mercurial - and an additional one with a remote
>>> context, which makes the JSON pretty nice to look at.
>>
>> There's a typo in example 11, line 2. It has to be @context (the
>> "@" is missing).
>>

> Fixed now - thank you.
>
>> I think it would be much more inviting if you would use example 11
>> as first example in section C.2 JSON-LD, then show the context and
>> mention that it can also be embedded directly in the document and
>> that prefixes can be used the same way as in Turtle and use the
>> multiple-graphs example to illustrate it. I've cleaned up the
>> examples and the context and attached all of them in a single
>> file.
>>

> That's a very good point Markus - I think it depends where these
> examples are in the document. If they stay where they are, as
> Pierre-Antoine, says, then I think it makes sense in the context of
> the other examples. If it's earlier in the document (i.e. section 5)
> then it makes sense. I'd be quite up for that (it originally was
> there, actually) - Guus, what do you think?

Yes, I can see the advantage of having a JSON-LD example in Sec. 5. The
rationale for moving the other examples to an appendix was to keep the
main text as short as possible (and I don't want readers to have to go
first through a lot of syntax before getting to Secs. 6-7). For me this
argument is still more important.

But what about this proposal: we extend the appendix a bit, and discuss
the JSON-LD examples in the same way as the Turtle/Trig examples:
explaining line-line-line how it works. In this way the JSON-LD appendix
becomes a mini-primer for JSON-LD. Come to think of it: we might want to
do that for RDFa and N-Triples/Quads as ell.

Guus