Re: Status of RDF Primer?

On 4/21/13 11:34 AM, Thomas Baker wrote:
> It has been awhile since the Primer [1] has been mentioned on the list or in
> telecons.  The Charter Extension Request proposed publishing Primer as a Note
> ten weeks from now, on 2013-06-30 [2], but the current Editor's Draft is still
> just an outline [1].  On the other hand, I see some risk in finalizing the
> Primer as a Note too far in advance of the Recommendations, which are projected
> to be published in November.
>
> Thoughts on the status, priority, and sequencing of this work item?
>
> Tom
>
> [1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-primer/index.html#
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Rdf-extension.html

How do we go about fixing stuff like:

"The subject is the Web resource we like to make a statement about. The
predicate represents the feature we want to make a statement about. The
object represents the value of the feature for this subject. Informally
speaking, RDF allows us to make statements of the form:

       <Bob> <is a friend of> <Alice>.
       <Bob> <is born on> <the 4th of July 1990>.
       <Leonardo da Vinci> <is the creator of> <the Mona Lisa>.
       <The Mona Lisa> <is on display in> <the Louvre>.
       <Bob> <likes> <The Mona Lisa>.
"

The subject of an RDF relation isn't always a Web resource. It's an
entity denoted by an IRI. An entity for a which an RDF model based
description *might* be retrievable from a location on the Web or even
the broader Internet, via a URL that denotes said location.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO