RE: the Web IDL dependency

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:35 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> > I've added an idlharness test: http://json-ld.org/test-suite/idltest/
> > Unfortunately it fails with the following errors:
> >
> >   - callback not yet supported
> >   - callback not yet supported
> >   - callback not yet supported
> >   - enum not yet supported
>
> That's not the problem you're seeing. The above output to the console
> is
> from warnings, not errors. What they mean is that idlharness will not
> test those constructs, but they don't prevent all the other tests to
> run.
>
> The problem you have is that you haven't loaded testharness.js, and so
> you're getting ReferenceErrors:
>
> ReferenceError: add_completion_callback is not defined
> idlharness.js (line 1056)
>
> ReferenceError: test is not defined
> idlharness.js (line 1056)
>
> The reason for that is that your HTML is broken:
>
> <script src="../../playground/jsonld.js"
> <script src="http://w3c-test.org/resources/testharness.js"></script>
>
> If you fix that you should be able to get a clean run from idlharness.

Of course you are completely right. Thanks a lot.

> > I've also discovered a bug (?)in ReSpec for which I filed an issue as
> well:
> > https://github.com/darobin/respec/issues/182
>
> Have you tried this with the canonical ReSpec instead of your local
> copy? I fixed a number of bugs with union type formatting a little
> while
> back. It's possible that some are still there, but I'd rather know with
> the real thing (local copies are evil).

Yes, I just checked it using ReSpec 3.1.49. The problem is still there.

> > Robin, till when do you think those issue could be resolved?
>
> I don't have an ETA but updates to idlharness are being planned. In the
> meantime, what you should do is this:
>
>    . Use idlharness to test what it can test.
>    . Handcraft tests for what it does not yet support.
>    . Have the latter be reviewed by someone who has some authority in
> WebIDL.

OK.. Honestly I have no idea what tests to write but I will try to figure
that out based on the existing tests. Do you know a "authority in WebIDL" we
could ask once we are ready?

Thanks again,
Markus

--