RE: the Web IDL dependency

Adding Robin in the loop since I run into some problems.

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:29 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> So we're in the odd situation with JSON-LD-API of needing a normative
> reference to WebIDL, which might stay stuck in CR for some time.  In
> this case, however, we can proceed to REC, even with it in CR, by
> following these instructions:
>
> You'll need to provide evidence that the WebIDL used in your spec is
> stable, as follows:
>
> [[
> To provide evidence that your WebIDL is stable and tested, you could
> use idlharness.js. Example at [1] and run it against Firefox nightly
> and IE10. idlharness.js doesn't cover all of WebIDL. If you run into a
> limitation, contact Robin Berjon and he might be able to help.
>
> [1]
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/approved/UserTiming/idlharness.html
> ]]

I've added an idlharness test: http://json-ld.org/test-suite/idltest/
Unfortunately it fails with the following errors:

 - callback not yet supported
 - callback not yet supported
 - callback not yet supported
 - enum not yet supported

I've had a look at the idlharness repo. There was only a issue for
dictionaries (https://github.com/w3c/testharness.js/issues/18) so I've
opened two new issues:

- callbacks: https://github.com/w3c/testharness.js/issues/20
- enums: https://github.com/w3c/testharness.js/issues/21

I've also discovered a bug (?)in ReSpec for which I filed an issue as well:
https://github.com/darobin/respec/issues/182

Robin, till when do you think those issue could be resolved? Could you
please also have a quick look at the idlharness I created to make sure it's
correct.

All this is tracked in ISSUE-238
https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/238
Feel free to comment directly there, I'll make sure the relevant info is
mirrored to the mailing list.

Thanks a lot,
Markus

--