Re: RDF-ISSUE-101 (migration-doc): Will RDF-WG produce a “What's New in RDF 1.1” document or migration guide?

Just as a a data point: I have begun to look at what it would mean to change the Python RDFLib library for RDF 1.1. Some of the changes are really additions and do not really constitute any major issue, just work (adding datasets, skolemization, TriG parser and serializer), but the changes around datatypes, essentially the handling of plain literals and language tagged literals, needs more consideration and the choices are fully clear. All this to say that such a document would be very useful when updating libraries like RDFLib.

Ivan

On Oct 21, 2012, at 12:33 , RDF Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> RDF-ISSUE-101 (migration-doc): Will RDF-WG produce a “What's New in RDF 1.1” document or migration guide?
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/101
>
> Raised by: Richard Cyganiak
> On product:
>
> RDF 1.1 makes a number of pretty fundamental changes, for example the literal and datatype changes in Concepts, and the syntax changes to Turtle.
>
> Should the group produce a document that summarizes the changes, and talks about how migration is supposed to work? That is, what are various stakeholders (infrastructure vendors, data publishers, application authors, vocabulary authors, WGs with related specifications) supposed to do in order to take advantage of RDF 1.1?
>
> A somewhat relevant thread from semantic-web@w3.org with posts from Andy and myself:
> http://www.w3.org/mid/5082E3E3.2010303@epimorphics.com

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/