Re: Potential Formal Object from DERI over JSON-LD

On 10/19/12 10:45 AM, Peter Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I have absolutely no problem with other documents about JSON-LD that
> don't mention RDF at all.  However, if the controlling document on
> JSON-LD produced by the RDF WG isn't about RDF in a very strong way,
> then there is something very wrong.
>
> peter
As per my last comment, we need to get the definitions of the following
straight:

1. EAV/CR -- Entity Attribute Value plus Classes & Relationships
(relationship semantics are implicit and thereby susceptible to ambiguity)
2. RDF  -- EAV/CR with the addition of explicit entity relationship
semantics + URIs as entity denotation mechanism
3. Linked Data -- RDF or EAV/CR + explicit entity relationship semantics
+ de-referencable URIs as entity denotation mechanism
4. JSON-LD -- a JSON based data representation and serialization format
for  Linked Data.

We have to be brave enough to loosely couple RDF and Linked Data.
There's nothing to lose and everything to gain :-)

Links:

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Sep/0003.html
-- apropos my last post and view point reiterated above .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO