Re: Potential Formal Object from DERI over JSON-LD

On Oct 18, 2012, at 7:30, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:
>> You may recall that the WG resolved to publish two of the JSON-LD docs (not all four), starting with FPWD at [1].
>
> For the record: unfortunately, at this meeting neither Richard nor myself seems to have been present. Can you confirm this please?

Yes, I confirm that.  Please note however that Richard was present (and voted +1) for this resolution on 30 May [1], which led in July to the FPWD resolution:
[[
RESOLVED: RDF-WG to publish JSON-LD syntax spec, and stripped-down version of JSON-LD API spec with framing and normalization removed, as FPWD, with intention to go on recommendation track
]]

The reason for the second resolution in July was that the JSON-LD editors were able to confirm by then that the necessary IPR commitments had been made.

Therefore, I suggest that not only has this ship sailed months ago, but DERI's position was in support.  If you are unhappy with the state of the document, though, we can certainly still tweak it (and probably will in any case).

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2012-05-30#resolution_2