RE: Agenda: JSON-LD Telecon - Tuesday, October 2nd 2012

Manu,

I saw you reassigned the "objectify" issue [1] to the JSON-LD.next milestone. This worries me a bit as we also moved framing there. I wouldn't like to see a JSON-LD API that *requires* another API on top of it to be usable in practice.

The problem is that the same information can be expressed in various ways and apart from flattening it and then looping over it there's no way to access it directly. I think that was one of the problems RDF/XML faced and I wouldn't like to see JSON-LD going down the same path - especially considering that we do have an API.

I would therefore like to discuss this decision briefly, either in the beginning, the end or also in another telecon after we are done with the other issues.

[1] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/140

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler