Re: A rant about the terminology debate

On 8/28/12 12:25 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> The RDBMS community is the best friend (ultimately) of RDF.
>
> The Web 2.0 will always switch off once the encounter the letters R-D-F.
>
> Warning: on this particular issue my rant stamina is endless :-)
Meant to say:

The RDBMS community is the best friend (ultimately) of RDF [1].

The Web 2.0 *community* and *developer profile* will always switch off
once *they* encounter the letters R-D-F. Thus, appeasing this community
is eternally futile when the communications payload contains the letters
R-D-F.

Sandro:

The link below is good source of material for addressing the terminology
challenges that you are concerned about, one that I believe is
ultimately addressed by terminology reconciliation and stronger "RDBMS
and RDF are inevitably best of friends" style narratives.

For instance, note how a Table and Document are aligned. Basically, an
RDBMS has Tables which RDF has documents re., g-box. As for the g-snap,
it lives in the same place as RDBMS sets, there's no hardcore difference
across the realms bar nature of tuples i.e., 3-tuples vs n-tuples.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/NC1yaP -- deconstructing the database presentation
(provides nice segue between RDBMS and RDF)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO