Re: RDF-ISSUE-90 (LV-entailment): Define a simple form of “literal value entailment” [RDF Semantics]

On Aug 14, 2012, at 4:19 AM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:

> One more clarification: I've integrated something that Pat suggested several times already, namely that the interpretation is independent of a vocabulary V. Otherwise,

Might be safest to keep things conventional for now. So...

> the definition can be rephrased as:
>
> """
> Let D be a datatype map. We define an LV-interpretation(D) of a vocabulary V (or, LV-interpretation with respect to D of a vocabulary V) as a simple interpretation I of V which satisfies the following conditions:
>
> *LV semantic conditions.*
> - if <aaa,x> is in D then for any typed literal "sss"^^ddd in V with I(ddd) = x,
>  * if sss is in the lexical space of x then IL("sss"^^ddd) = L2V(x)(sss),
>  * otherwise IL("sss"^^ddd) is not in LV
> """

Right, that seems to make sense. D-entailment without the RDFS part built in.

This means that ill-formed literals are equivalent only if they are lexically identical, otherwise literals can be substituted for others with the same value (even if they use a different datatype, at least in principle. If the datatypes define values so that distinct type value spaces are always disjoint, then this case doesn't arise, of course.)

Pat