Re: The RDF 1.1 Literal Quiz

On May 18, 2011, at 20:22 , Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Q1. Does this RDF graph (written in Turtle) have one triple?
>
> <a> <b> 1 .
> <a> <b> "1"^^xsd:integer .

Yes

> Q2. Does this RDF graph (written in Turtle) have one triple?
>
> <a> <c> "foo" .
> <a> <c> "foo"^^xsd:string .

If we go ahead with what we are planning: yes

> Q3. Is this be a valid Turtle file?
>
> <a> <b> "foo"^^rdf:PlainLiteral .

No, the current plain literal spec does not allow for explicit reference to it in a datatype.

> Q4. Is a parser allowed to unify "foo" and "foo"^^xsd:string into a single form while parsing?

Yes

> Q5. Is this a valid N-Triples file?
>
> <a> <b> "foo" .

I do not know, we have not defined N-Triples behaviour. If it is a sub-syntax of turtle, then yes.

> Q6. Is this a valid N-Triples file?
>
> <a> <b> "foo"^^rdf:PlainLiteral .

No, see above

> Q7. Is this a valid N-Triples file?
>
> <a> <b> "foo"@en .

Yes, see above

> Q8. Is this a valid N-Triples file?
>
> <a> <b> "foo"^^xsd:string .

Yes, see above

> Q9. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo") == xsd:string

Yes

> Q10. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo") == error

no

> Q11. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo") == rdf:PlainLiteral

Depends how you decide! But according to one of the proposals (yours?) yes

> Q12. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo"@en) == xsd:string

no

> Q13. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo"@en) == error

No

> Q14. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo"@en) == rdf:PlainLiteral

yes

> Q15. Is this true in SPARQL?
>
> datatype("foo"@en) == rdflang:en

Well, this is pending, so the question cannot be answered now...

> Q16. Does the literal in this RDF/XML fragment have a language tag?
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="a" xml:lang="en">
>   <rdf:b>foo</rdf:b>
> </rdf:Description>

yes

> Q17. Does the literal in this RDF/XML fragment have a language tag?
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="a" xml:lang="en">
>   <rdf:b rdf:datatype="&xsd;string">foo</rdf:b>
> </rdf:Description>

no

> For each of the following pairs of statements, if the statement on the left is true, then is the statement on the right true as well in a system that supports datatype inference (specifically, {xsd:string}-Entailment)?

I am not sure what {xsd:string}-Entailment is... At the moment, afaik, the D entailment in RDFS does not give you means to make inferences _among_ different datatypes... Ie, I am not sure of the answers

probably yes, but that is not formal entailment, rather the definition we are looking at

Same as above

No

No

Undefined at the moment, but I would expect no

Undefined at the moment, I would expet yes

Pas question!:-) No

I.

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/