Re: Proposal for ISSUE-12, string literals

I believe this issue was discussed in some depth by the first RDF WG, and it was decided that lang tags should *not* creep into RDF from external XML, perhaps (this is a now a very dim memory) because one might want to describe eg. French text using English XML. (Can anyone else confirm or disconfirm this? Dan B.?)

Pat