Re: ISSUE-18: How do we parse "18." in Turtle?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:24:31 +0100
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
CC: Yves.Raimond@bbc.co.uk, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I do suggest that an exmaple would be useful.   It would say that
>    <e:f> <b:f> 18.
> is not a valid Turtle document because emiting 18. for an integer
> followed by a . would cause the 18. to be recognized as the decimal
> token 18.

whereas I'd suggest it is a valid turtle document, since [2] of the
grammar is:

    statement  ::=  directive "." | triples "."

so that trailing . doesn't even make it in to the triples production.

Perhaps we could create a set of test cases for this, test the existing
parsers, and see which (if any) actually do have an issue with this.

Failing that, decimal could change to:

Which would completely disallow any decimals of the style 18.

Best,

Nathan