Re: RDF-ISSUE-17 (graph merge): How are RDF datasets to be merged? [RDF Graphs]

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 05:15:52PM +0100, Nathan wrote:
> would it be needed? if we can union instead of merge, then surely we
> can do intersections, differences and all the rest without a
> problem?

Indeed! Although the RDF Semantics aleady define a method to merge RDF graphs [1], and that doesn't make it trivial to compute differences of graphs...

To be completely honest, I am not sure the definition there makes it easy to understand 'merges' as well (what does 'blank nodes in common' mean for two graphs?) - but maybe I am just missing something.

Best,

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#defgraph