Re: [JSON] Constraining JSON serialization discussion

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:28:56 +0100
To: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: msporny@digitalbazaar.com, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
* [2011-03-24 23:19:17 -0400] Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> écrit:

] Is the WG supposed to be doing something that works across all of the
] popular JSON implementations?  What are they?  Should the WG
] investigate to see what data model these implementations impose on JSON?

It would be kind of pointless if we didn't. I think it
would be a good idea to have some test suites or reference
implementations for some popular languages - the snag
being that we then go into the various RDF APIs in
those languages which is perhaps out of scope. If we
had something that was demonstrable with rdflib.js +
the standard javascript de/serialisers, and the python
rdflib + the stock json and likewise for PHP, Ruby and
Java we would be in very good shape. Maybe the internal
representations (of RDF not necessarily JSON) in these
languages are different enough that if they all can
take the same RDF and produce the same JSON that we can
be confident our spec is sound without worrying too much
about investigating their data models. I would volunteer
to help with the python one and maybe Go (but that's
hardly a popular language).

Cheers,
-w
--