Re: [JSON] I say again, what *is* JSON?

One more point to this discussion. I understand Peter's criticism, and it is good that he provokes the group in making some of the issues clear. That being said, if the WG decided not to do a JSON serialization _solely on ground of a missing 'standard'_, I think the community would simply not understand this and would see this as yet another argument why W3C as a whole, and the Semantic Web in particular, should be regarded as irrelevant for the Web out there. I would prefer not to go there.

Ivan

On Mar 24, 2011, at 23:29 , Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> * Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> [2011-03-24 17:17-0500]
>>
>> On Mar 24, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Alex Hall wrote:

>>> No, our task is to write a specification document for RDF. "Best practices" do not cut it.
>>>
>>> OK, looking at the charter, it is the task of the working group to "define and standardize a JSON Syntax for RDF" so I'm mistaken here.
>>
>> Good point. I stand corrected and withdraw my implied criticism. We can take advantage of the vagueness of JSON definitions to create our own standard.
>
> I tried to poke some real life JSON users to find out what the
> standard would say were it to specify common practice. I think this
> sort of design criteria is a PITA, but probably the most reallistic
> course towards satisfying the user community whom we attempt to serve.
>

>> Pat

>> IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973
>> 40 South Alcaniz St.           (850)202 4416   office
>> Pensacola                            (850)202 4440   fax
>> FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile
>> phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes
>>

> --
> -ericP

----