Re: [JSON] PROPOSAL: Syntax structure should be object-based

On 2011-03-16, at 14:39, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> My main concern would be whether this Working Group has the right
>> composition to effectively enact this proposal if a core goal is to
>> increase adoption by the JSON developer community.
>
> I would strike "JSON developer" and use the word "Web developer"
> instead. Every Web developer that has had to interface with other
> Web-based systems has used JSON at some point. Every JavaScript
> developer is familiar with the syntax. In other words, I don't think
> there is such a thing as the "JSON developer community" (even though I
> may slip and use the terminology from time to time).

That is not really accurate in my experience.

We work with financial services companies a lot, and many web developers there have never used JSON. In the "enterprise" world it's not really on the radar. Many of them even still use/prefer SOAP.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK