Re: I cannot connect to the IRC

From: Mischa Tuffield <mischa.tuffield@garlik.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:53:22 +0000
Cc: public-rdf-wg <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Souripriya Das <souripriya.das@oracle.com>
Are you guys trying to connect irc.w3.org on port 6665, note that this is a non-standard port, normally irc runs on port 6667.

Mischa
On 16 Mar 2011, at 15:47, Souripriya Das wrote:

> I am facing the same issue trying to connect via IRC (Firefox and IE: "not able to connect to irc.w3.org"). So, I am participating via telephone only. - Souri.
>
> Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I am unable to connect to irc.w3.org. On Firefox, I get a blank page. On Chrome, I get a "Invalid Response" message.
>>
>> I cannot access the phone conference either. The "bip" sound I get is the same as if the line was occupied. (I'm using the French phone number since my office phone is restricted to national calls).
>>
>> So I may have to declare my regrets for today's call.
>>

>> Regards,

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
Garlik Limited, 1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW
+44(0)845 652 2824  http://www.garlik.com/