Re: [Graphs] Proposal: RDF Datasets

On 08/03/11 14:30, Ivan Herman wrote:
> I am not sure that we have to define an interpretation for a whole
> dataset, actually. Going one step forward (to Richard) I am not that
> we have to define the concept of a dataset at that level (which is of
> course useful for SPARQL). I would expect to define only a (id,G)
> tuple in some sense; what is the reason of going beyond that?
>
> Ivan

The definition of RDF Dataset in SPARQL 1.0 spec are words members of
DAWG could agree on.

All that's defined in SPARQL is that a dataset is a set of one graph and
some (<u>,G) pairs.  G is a graph, a set of triples.  It does not say
what the relationship of <u> and G is.  The agreement is the words,
nothing more, and it's a compromise.