Re: RDF datasets and graph literals

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> RDF datasets don't address the assertions about graphs UC very well.
>
> They can - with careful graph naming (naming the g-snap, not the g-box),
> the default graph can contain assertions about the properties of a
> graph, just like graph literals can be used for RDF datasets.  It's just
> there is "some assemble required".

There's a very critical detail here, the need to talk about a g-box, and
the need to talk about a g-snap, if we do both by name, how do you
distinguish?

If it's decided that syntax like:

G1: {
}

refers to a named-g-snap, then many of the use cases for "quoted graphs"
are covered.

However, this would preclude the named-g-box use-cases (linked data,
graph changes over time, etc).

There are limited syntax options here, a primary question is whether we
need to talk about both g-boxes and g-snaps, if both then we need (well
should) handle both.

Best,

Nathan

terminology distinctions:
"quoted graph" a turtle like structure of triples wrapped in {} in a
serialization, like N3
"graph literal" a chunk of rdf in some serialization, wrapped up as a
typed literal.