Re: comments on RDF-Datasets-Proposal

On 06/29/2011 10:24 AM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> Ok, I was not clear enough. The section named "Semantic extension"
> should be deleted and forgotten. It is outdated.
>
> I maintain that I'm happy with "graph names" used loosely, like
>
> :me { :me a foaf:Person }

don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with it myself, as long as we
are clear.

> If I want to import a graph to the one "named" :mydog, I would do it as
> follows, assuming that importing is defined adequately:
>
> :G1 :hasGraphIRI "http://..../me"^^xsd:anyURI .
> :G2 :hasGraphIRI "..."^^xsd:anyURI .
> :G1 :imports :G2 .
> # and if you want:
> :G2 owl:sameAs :G3 .

ah, but this is a totally different thing now :)
and with that I'm perfectly happy as well.

My concern is that it does not match common SPARQL usages:
if you were to build the import-closure of some graph, would you rather
write

  CONSTRUCT { ?s ?p ?o }
  WHERE {
      :me graph:import ?g .
      GRAPH ?g { ?s ?p ?o }
  }

or

  CONSTRUCT { ?s ?p ?o }
  WHERE {
      [ :hasGraphIRI "...me"^^xsd:anyURI ]
      graph:imports
      [ :hasGraphIRI ?guri ]
      GRAPH ?gres { ?s ?p ?o }
      FILTER (str(?gres) = str(?guri))
  }

?
And more importantly, what do you think the average SPARQL user would
rather write?

    pa