Re: comments on RDF-Datasets-Proposal

Ok, I was not clear enough. The section named "Semantic extension"
should be deleted and forgotten. It is outdated.

I maintain that I'm happy with "graph names" used loosely, like

:me { :me a foaf:Person }

If I want to import a graph to the one "named" :mydog, I would do it as
follows, assuming that importing is defined adequately:

:G1 :hasGraphIRI "http://..../me"^^xsd:anyURI .
:G2 :hasGraphIRI "..."^^xsd:anyURI .
:G1 :imports :G2 .
# and if you want:
:G2 owl:sameAs :G3 .

:G1, :G2 and :G3 denote graphs, i.e., their RDF interpretations are sets
of triples. :G2 and :G3 denote the same set of triples. But this only
hold in a world where :imports is properly defined and this importing
mechanism is certainly not the same as owl:imports.

Anyway, this has its own problems too.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
Researcher at:
Laboratoire d'InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d'information
Database Group
7 Avenue Jean Capelle
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
Tel: +33(0)4 72 43 61 74 - Fax: +33(0)4 72 43 87 13
Lecturer at:
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
20 Avenue Albert Einstein
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
antoine.zimmermann@insa-lyon.fr