Re: comments on RDF-Datasets-Proposal

Pierre-Antoine,

Le 22/06/2011 19:19, Pierre-Antoine Champin a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> after today's telecon, I read the proposal at [1].
>
> First, it seems to be a "light" version of the Named Graph paper that
> Pat mentionned. "Light", because it specifies that
>
> "The interpretation of the IRI [paired to graphs], in the RDF Semantics
> sense, is left unspecified."
>
> It is all very well, but what happens when one wants to use those IRIs
> *in* the named graphs? As proposed in the 'Semantic Extension' section
> of [1]?

This section, which I wrote, was put there before we made any decision
on what the naming mechanism of graph store means. This section should
be considered informative, explaining how the basic semantics can be
extended. Such extension /may/ be defined externally to this WG.

The semantics is extremely simple and does not make any assumption on
what the "name of the graph" means. The graph name is just used as an
indice in a family of graphs.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
Researcher at:
Laboratoire d'InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d'information
Database Group
7 Avenue Jean Capelle
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
Tel: +33(0)4 72 43 61 74 - Fax: +33(0)4 72 43 87 13
Lecturer at:
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
20 Avenue Albert Einstein
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
antoine.zimmermann@insa-lyon.fr