Re: dataset semantics

Le 19/12/2011 06:26, Sandro Hawke a écrit :
> [skip]
>
> I don't know if anyone is doing this, and I rather doubt anyone is doing
> it in a standardized manner.   Well, there's CKAN.   I haven't look at
> what's dataset-like there.   (Void uses the word "dataset" to mean
> g-box, so it may be a bit hard to tell.)  *shrug*

Void is rather vague in its definition of datasets and I don't think we
can map it to one of our g-terms, nor even to our RDF Dataset proposal:

"""The fundamental concept of VoID is the dataset. A dataset is a set of
RDF triples that are published, maintained or aggregated by a single
provider. Unlike RDF graphs, which are purely mathematical constructs
[RDF-CONCEPTS], the term dataset has a social dimension: we think of a
dataset as a meaningful collection of triples, that deal with a certain
topic, originate from a certain source or process, are hosted on a
certain server, or are aggregated by a certain custodian. Also,
typically a dataset is accessible on the Web, for example through
resolvable HTTP URIs or through a SPARQL endpoint, and it contains
sufficiently many triples that there is benefit in providing a concise
summary."""

AZ.

--
Antoine Zimmermann