Re: Graph-State Resources

On Dec 15, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On 15 December 2011 22:43, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider
> <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:
>> Umm.  Just what is this log:semantics?
>
> Part of TimBL and the MIT/DIG group's old Cwm/N3 testbed. I don't know
> if it's had much attention lately. Roughly it's a relationship between
> an identifier

Actually, the thing denoted by that identifier, which will probably be a thing variously called a document, an information resource, an HTTP endpoint, or a Web page. Its the thing you access, and according to REST whose state is returned to you,  when you tell HTTP to GET the identifier. Whatever that thing is – and we don't want to go into that question – it is what the identifier denotes, according to http-range-14, and this is a relation between it and.... (now read on)

> and whatever RDF can be gotten from it by HTTP GET (or
> equivalent, presumably, for other URI schemes). I believe Cwm's
> behaviour included actually going to fetch stuff from the Web while it
> was 'thinking', but N3 didn't provide much to control the when/how etc
> of those lookups.
>
> Dan

Pat

PS I am reminded of the question of how to specify what owl:imports meant.