Re: Container Deprecation

Jesse,

- There is no formal resolution on containers yet. There has been some discussions, and deprecating containers has indeed been raised as one of the candidates.

- However, your usage of rdfs:member v.a.v. lists (a.k.a. collections) is a slightly different question. At them moment, there is no semantic relationships in RDFS between the terms used for lists (rdf:first, rdf:next, or rdf:List) and rdfs:member. Put it another way if I have

I cannot infer something like

<c> rdfs:member _:a . # _:a is the 'head' of the list above.

I may have misunderstood what you said, though.

Ivan

On Aug 26, 2011, at 20:59 , Jesse Weaver wrote:

> Hello RDF working group.
>
> Has there been consensus concerning deprecation of RDF containers in 1.1?
> Specifically, I am curious about the rdfs:member property.  It is very
> useful for stating membership of something in a uniform way (unlike using
> rdf:_1, rdf:_2, ...) and in a single triple (unlike using rdf:first and
> rdf:rest).  I am well aware of the distinction between containers and
> collections, but it seems that RDF really needs something as simple as
> rdfs:member.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jesse Weaver