Re: Oracle's stand regarding N-TRIPLES

Just a thought on that matter,

IIRC, N-Triple is supposed to be declared as "text/plain". As I see it,
what we intend to standardize (whether it is still called N-Triples or
not) will have its own mimetype, right?

So there *should* be no interoperability problem: parsers provided with
"text/plain" will continue to interpret it as old-style ASCII-encoded
N-Triples, while they can expect UTF-8 when provided with
"text/whatever-we-call-it". The spec could make include something like:

  The content-type for N-Triple is "text/n-triples". For legacy reasons
  [ref], some N-Triples content may be delivered with the "text/plain"
  content-type; however, in that case, the deliver content MUST/SHOULD
  only use the ASCII subset of UTF-8.

In order to avoid interoperability problems with software that would
rely on file extension rather than explicit content-type, we can
recommend to use the ".nt8" extension for UTF-8 N-Triple (as suggested
by Steve), and reserve the legacy extension ".nt" for pure ASCII.

So it seems to me that Zhe's concern about interoperability are a bit
overestimated.

  pa