Re: Oracle's stand regarding N-TRIPLES

Hi Zhe

I find this a surprisingly strong position.
When ingesting N-Triples the code path to read UTF-8 and the code path
to read \uXXXX escape sequences are probably equally horrible. The UTF-8
code path is the more conventional one to be following on the Web.

It seems like a fairly small amount of extra code for a vendor to
support, with negligible impact on performance. The only downside, that
I can see, would be that new data will not be readable by old software,
which is the normal downside with new versions of a format.

We may differ in our judgment about how important that downside is, or I
may have missed some other disadvantage that motivates Oracle's strong
reaction.

My understanding is that 2004 N-triples docs will be valid turtle docs ....

Jeremy