Re: Learning about JSON-LD

On 08/17/11 17:40, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 8/17/11 5:10 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> * We have 4 fairly complete implementations in JavaScript, PHP,
>> Python and C++. We have implementations in the works for Ruby and
>> Erlang.
>
> What is an implementation? You should qualify what you mean :-)

I meant "implementation" in the W3C technical implementation sense:

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr#cfi

> I suspect you mean libraries for ingestion and serialization, right?

Yes... basically, any software that implements some subset of the
JSON-LD API:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110817#the-application-programming-interface

... or anything in the "Algorithms" section of the document

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110817#algorithms

However, I think your point is that there are other organizations that
are starting to "implement" JSON-LD as well by publishing documents?
OpenLink being one of them, the VIE project being another, and Seevl
being yet another. So, we are starting to see JSON-LD publishing out in
the wild as well.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/05/05/payswarm-sandbox/