Re: Graphs, some quick comments

Hi Peter,

I agree and hope the same thing, however I would suggest that the
semantics and concepts were defined to match the syntactical
restrictions of the serialization, rather than there being limitations
on the (or a) conceptual model of RDF.

When I look at other sem web RDFy technologies and libraries, things
like SPARQL or OWL or libraries like Jena, I find notions of these
generalized unconstrained triples in many places, just what are they,
why don't the RDF specifications cater for them, even if it still keeps
the syntactic restrictions on the RDF serializations.

Surely, at some point, behind the interface, people have seen a literal
end up in the subject position, or a blank node in the predicate
position. Heck literal is even a subclass of resource anyway (as DanC
and Patrick Stickler discussed many moons ago [1]) so it's supported in
their somewhere, just in a hidden way, that people use behind the
interface but can't be allowed in to the syntax (from what I can tell).

Best,

Nathan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Mar/0098.html