Re: [TTL] Standardizing N-Triples

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com
> wrote:
>
> -- if you don't
>> have a base IRI then the user home directory makes as much sense as any
>> other IRI you could arbitrarily choose.  The point is that you have to
>> make that choice, and not all systems do so consistently.
>>

> The base is (should be!) the file you are parsing, <file:///dir/file>. If
> you write <x> then you will get <file:///dir/x>.
> If you write <#x> then you will get <file:///dir/file#x>.
>
> /home/afs/tmp/X.ttl:
> ---------
> <x> <#y> <../z> .
> ---------
> ==>
>
> <file:///home/afs/tmp/x> <file:///home/afs/tmp/X.ttl#y>
> <file:///home/afs/z> .

Sure, I understand that.  But as Nathan points out, you don't always know
the location of the file you're parsing, especially if you're running in a
web server and the document was uploaded from a web browser or was the body
of an HTTP PUT.  If there's no @base then you just have to pick something
that hopefully makes sense.

-Alex