Re: [TTL] Standardizing N-Triples

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> How can we have @base processing if there are no directives or @base
>>> definitions? I'd strongly suggest we keep this to *IRI*s only.
>>>

>> The base is also set by where the file is read from.
>>

> Indeed, reliably though? for instance taking in to account the file being
> sent by email, being part of a zip archive, being in the message body of a
> PUT HTTP request, being in the body of a GET HTTP response with a
> Content-Location which differs from the effective request URI?
>
> Personally, I'd quite like that can of worms left closed for RDF-Triples :)

+1, but that reflects my bias as a developer, where often times all I'm
handed is an input stream with no information about where the content came
from.  It's nice to be able to use that information when it's available, but
I think it's extra complexity that's best left out of a simple format like
N-Triples.

-Alex