Re: ISSUE-18: How do we parse "18." in Turtle?

On 2011-03-31, at 22:27, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 15:11 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>
>> +1  I feel Sandro's pain, but the advantages of fast greedy lexers has
>> to outweigh visual aesthetics. And in any case, I kind of like the
>> spaces, they help my mental lexer when reading.
>
> To be clear, I'm fine with greedy lexers, I just want to require at
> least one digit after the decimal point for it to be considered a
> decimal point, instead of a statement-ending period.   I believe it's a
> trivial change to the grammar and no other change to code.

XSD says that leading and trailing zeros can be omitted, I suspect that's the source of it. I'm not a fan of 18. either though. The canonical form requires a digit either side of the ".".

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#decimal-lexical-representation

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK