RE: getting to Last Call on rdf:text

Hello Mr. Motik,

Thank you for modifying the description characters in rdf:text. I have some small concerns about using XML 1.1 as the reference. You might be better off referencing XML 1.0 Fifth Edition, whose definition of Char is identical (but XML 1.0 is more widely used than 1.1), or, as XML Schema does, referencing both. Since the two are now in alignment, the choice of reference no longer matters.

Thank you for noting RFC 4647.

I have an additional concern about how language tags are handled in the draft page. Specifically:

The regular expression for a language tag is wrong, even by the very relaxed standards of former-BCP47 RFC 3066. If you mean to permit the older syntax (which was simpler), you should reference obs-langtag in BCP 47 or at least convert it properly to a schema-style regular expression. Under that syntax, subtags were limited to a length of eight characters.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.