Re: When N-Ary and When RDF-star

On 1/21/22 9:40 AM, Jerven Tjalling Bolleman wrote:
> When to use RDF-star and when to use N-Ary a personal perspective.
>
> RDF-Star is to be used when the relationship itself is enough for the data user in the vast majority of their use cases.
>  . . .
> When this evidence supporting such a relationship becomes the key concept for the users then it is time to go N-Ary.

Excellent explanation!  And this brings up a major concern that I have
about rdf-star: it means that we would have at least 3 *different*
syntaxes for representing relationships of different arities.

It sure would be nice if the expressiveness of rdf-star and labeled
property graphs were treated uniformly as mere sub-cases of a *standard*
n-ary relationship syntax (which we do not currently have).

FWIW, some ideas for standardizing n-ary relations have been collected
here, though the problem is far from solved:
https://github.com/w3c/EasierRDF/issues/20

David Booth