Re: Qualification and identity

Hi Niklas,

thanks for a very interesting read!

A few comments below:

1) you mention PROV's qualified terms, but I was surprised that you
didn't mention PROV's specialization [1]. For me prov:specializationOf
and quid:qualifies are very similar. Or did I miss something?

2) Your write:

 > Therefore, the presence of a quid:qualifies property on any entity
immediately conveys its nature as a qualified identity, meaning that it
is of the same kind, but of a narrower nature than the thing qualified;
and that this narrower nature is conveyed through the other properties
if it.

but don't you need then to distinguish the properties qualifying the
identity (e.g. :earliestYear) from the properties expressing
relationships between this qualified identifier and something else (e.g.
:partOf)?

3) I would find the "multiple marriages" more compelling if both Liz
Taylor and Richard Burton where qualified. The same goes for the "Alice
working for ACME" example.

4) about the conflation of multiple things behind RDF-star's quoted
triples: I fully agree. And yes, this may be solved (to some extent) by
some form of punning. But it is IMO cleaner to make an explicit
distinction between the different things (triple, statement, fact...)
using additional nodes and dedicated predicate (as e.g. in [2]).

   best

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-dm/#term-specialization

[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-star/2021Dec/0063.html