Re: A case for a datatype for identifying RDF graphs

I have argued very much the same, in my second year report from a couple of years ago [1],
and I think I mentioned the idea on this list before.

1. I completely agree with the idea that literals are what we have access through writing.
  Numbers, lengths, and graphs are such things. Most mathematical objects are like that.
  (This also makes me think that RDF may be in fact more typed than we tend to think)
2. Adding datatypes for RDF literals such as Turtle, RDF/XML, etc… cannot be argued against.
  So in a way it is just a question of when rather than how.
3. I think having these constructs opens up, as a you point out the very interesting question
  of the relation of this obvious encoding of graphs to Quads.
4. Note that as soon as we have this construct, we will notice that we can describe graphs,
within graphs to any depth, and that all that was there already in RDF1.0

Henry

[1] https://co-operating.systems/2019/04/01/