Re: From syntactic to interpreted triple

good afternoon;

> On 2021-01-22, at 14:46:06, Olaf Hartig <olaf.hartig@liu.se> wrote:
>
> Thomas,
>
> Before I attempt to answer your and James' question, I would first like to
> establish a basis for answering by asking a question myself...
>
> In your initial email in this thread, you wrote:
>
>> Lets for example assume someone published the triple
>>
>>       :cars :are :bad .
>>
>> As he published that statement on the semantic web we can assume that
>> his intend was to refer not only to :cars but just as well to :automobiles,
>> :voitures etc.
>
> So, in other words, you are saying that we can assume that his (or her) intend
> was that it should be possible to infer the following triple:
>
>    :automobiles :are :bad .
>
> If that's what you had in mind, how would you do this in RDF and/or SPARQL?
> In particular, what did you have in mind to capture the necessary information
> about the relationship between the URIs :cars and :automobiles, which would be
> necessary to come to this inference?
>
> This is not meant not be a trick question! I simply want to know your
> preferred approach to establish this inference so that we have a common basis
> for discussing the question that you and James have.

to remain with a simple question, if there is dataset which contains the assertion

   <<  :cars :are :bad . >> a :claim .

and one were to wish to cause a query of the _sort_

  ask where {  <<  :automobiles :are :bad . >> a :claim . }

to return true, how would one achieve that?